PolySystems is seeking a Software Tester to work with our Client Support Services and Design & Development teams to complete software fixes and features. This is a hybrid position based out of our Chicago Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage software fixes and features from the time they are initially submitted to completion, supporting both the programming and production departments.
- Serve as the key contact for questions about program functionality from the client and the client support team.
- Update documentation when new features are added or bugs are fixed.
- Analyze submitted complex data and communicate concerns to developers.
- Provide required test data and supplemental calculations to unit and client regression suites.
- Assist in analyzing regression results.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, or related field.
- Experience in the insurance field is a plus.
- Understanding of insurance product types (e.g., reserving methods, rules, and guidelines) is a plus.
- Familiarity with batch files.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PolySystems offers a medical/dental insurance plan (including an HSA with employer contributions), a Flexible Spending Account, a 401k with employer match, Long Term Disability, a generous personal day policy, and work/life balance.