PolySystems seeks a Project Manager to join our home office located in Chicago’s loop.
PolySystems is seeking a Project Manager and Process Improvement Specialist to help us develop our proprietary actuarial software development initiatives more efficiently. This help will come in the form of project management that applies modern project management techniques to our existing development techniques. The specifications, programming, testing, and documentation of the software will be completed by other individuals.
- Understand our current development life cycle, people, and business dynamics.
- Develop a customized version of project management principles for our environment.
- Assist with the change management requirements.
- Implement and use appropriate workflow software.
- Lead regular update sessions for multiple projects that are moving in parallel.
- Recognize and escalate major problems that arise.
- Manage people through the development targets.
- Be actively observant with the objective of understanding the underlying goals and looking for ways to improve our processes so that we can achieve those goals as efficiently as possible.
- Travel as necessary (0-5%)
- Excellent communication and people skills required for interaction with content specialists, programmers, testers, and documenters.
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel assignments with accountability for timely achievement of milestones.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and PMP certified.
- In-depth familiarity and first-hand experience with core software development life cycles.
- Strong sense of ownership over individual work products and career.
PolySystems offers a medical/dental insurance plan (including an HSA with employer contributions), a Flexible Spending Account, a 401k with employer match, Long Term Disability, a generous personal day policy, and work/life balance.