Job Description Summary
The Actuarial Manager of Advanced Modeling works within the Advanced Modeling team to perform a wide range of consulting work for our clients, as well as aid in the development of enhancements to our existing modeling and pricing software. This position is remote. The team is located in the Philadelphia area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expand PolySystems consulting offerings and use of PolySystems software to new and existing clients.
- Develop and manage PolySystems staff project plans.
- Perform actual module implementations and user acceptance testing.
- Work with clients to develop specifications for, and test modifications to, Poly software.
- Write and review project documentation.
- Lead regular discussions at the strategic level with client VPs and higher in order to build the client relationship.
- Help design specifications and test new modeling functionality for broader-scale initiatives within PolySystems proprietary software.
- Present on modeling, actuarial transformation, and related topics at SOA meetings.
- Develop project proposals, present to prospective clients, help complete RFPs, and participate in pilot projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science or related field.
- Experience-based knowledge of multiple product lines such as traditional life, health, long term care, universal life, indexed universal life, payout annuities, fixed deferred annuities, fixed indexed annuities, variable annuities, and assets.
- Experience-based knowledge of multiple actuarial-related purposes such as pricing, modeling, ALM, risk, valuation, and experience studies.
- 10+ years of actuarial experience and an FSA.
- Consulting experience preferred.
- Experienced-based knowledge of PolySystems or other software is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communications, project management, and organizational skills are required.
PolySystems offers a medical/dental insurance plan (including an HSA with employer contributions), a Flexible Spending Account, a 401k with employer match, Long Term Disability, a generous personal day policy, and work/life balance.