PolySystems seeks a Marketing and Communications Specialist to join our home office located in Chicago’s loop.
PolySystems is seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist to join our Sales and Marketing Support team. This position is well suited for you if you can take on specific roles and responsibilities while working towards the team goal of achieving PolySystems immediate and long-term business goals. PolySystems supports a collaborative environment that allows you to contribute in ways that complement your strengths, and we work together to manage continuously shifting priorities.
- Develop strategic marketing campaigns that engage both our prospective and current clients, support business objectives, and increase our company’s visibility across digital and offline channels.
- Collaborate with other departments to fully understand product and communication needs.
- Write, edit, and create compelling marketing content for a variety of mediums, including email, social media, our website, digital & print advertisements, infographics, and sales collateral.
- Monitor competitor’s marketing materials and incorporate best practice changes when appropriate.
- Assist in developing industry event materials.
- Attend major industry events as a marketing liaison as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required. Experience in the insurance, finance, and software industries is a plus.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt our company’s style, tone, and voice for various types of content.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple deadlines, communicate with internal team members and senior management, and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify steps involved in executing a project and ask clarifying questions to ensure alignment.
- Ability to take ownership of projects to ensure results are achieved in a timely manner.
- Extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Be a team player with a positive, proactive attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with social media marketing and management tools.
- Graphic design knowledge and the ability to use creative software programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator are advantages.
PolySystems offers a medical/dental insurance plan (including an HSA with employer contributions), a Flexible Spending Account, a 401k with employer match, Long Term Disability, a generous personal day policy, and work/life balance.