PolySystems seeks a C++ Software Developer to join our home office located in Chicago’s loop.
- Analyze existing algorithms.
- Program and test new experimental algorithms.
- Implement program modifications according to written and spreadsheet programming specifications.
- Debug software problems, fix defects, and answer questions about the software’s behavior.
- Collaborate with software testers, specifications writers, and other members of the programming team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ with a minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Strong mathematical or financial background required to understand complex actuarial problems.
- Work independently on technical projects.
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and tools.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in any of the following languages is a plus: C, C#, R, Perl, and Korn Shell scripts.
- Experience in using Visual Studio is a plus.
PolySystems offers a medical/dental insurance plan (including an HSA with employer contributions), a Flexible Spending Account, a 401k with employer match, Long Term Disability, a generous personal day policy, and work/life balance.