PolySystems seeks an Associate Project Manager to join our home office located in Chicago’s loop.
PolySystems is seeking an Associate Project Manager to assist us in developing our proprietary actuarial software development initiatives more efficiently. This will come in the form of project management that applies modern project management techniques to our existing development techniques. The specifications, programming, testing, and documentation of the software will be completed by other individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day to day project management activities including project scheduling, status reporting, scheduling meetings, and developing project related documents.
- Assist in the review and adherence of project budgets, schedules, scope of work, and contracts.
- May serve as record keeper when attending project update sessions for multiple projects that are moving in parallel.
- Follow-up with project team members to ensure deliverables are met.
- Serve as back-up contact to the Project Manager for stakeholders, project team members, and external clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Project Management, or other related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Project, or other project management related software.
- A minimum of two years of project management experience is required.
- Active pursuit of professional certification, PMP or CAPM, is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience with software development life cycles.
- Understanding of insurance product types is a plus.
- Software project management experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, remain organized, plan efficiently, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
PolySystems offers a medical/dental insurance plan (including an HSA with employer contributions), a Flexible Spending Account, a 401k with employer match, Long Term Disability, a generous personal day policy, and work/life balance.