PolySystems seeks an Actuarial Software Tester to join our home office located in Chicago’s loop.
PolySystems is seeking an Actuarial Software Tester to work with our Client Support Services and Design & Development teams to complete software fixes and features.
- Function as a liaison between client support and programming teams for software fixes and feature completion from client submission to the final stages of analysis.
- Serve as the key contact for questions from the client and the client support team.
- Update documentation when new features are added or bugs are fixed.
- Analyze submitted complex data and communicate concerns to developers.
- Provide required test data and supplemental calculations to unit and client regression suites.
- Assist in analyzing regression results.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, or related field.
- Must have passed a minimum of two Society of Actuaries exams.
- A minimum of two years of experience is required.
- Experience in the insurance field is a plus.
- Understanding of insurance product types: reserving methods, rules, and guidelines.
- Experience with batch files.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PolySystems offers a medical/dental insurance plan (including an HSA with employer contributions), a Flexible Spending Account, a 401k with employer match, Long Term Disability, a generous personal day policy, and work/life balance.