PolySystems seeks an Actuarial Manager of Advanced Modeling to join our Cherry Hill, New Jersey office located 15 minutes from downtown Philadelphia.
Client Work (70%)
Consulting and Software Implementation (65%)
- Expand PolySystems consulting offerings.
- Develop and manage PolySystems staff project plans.
- Manage PolySystems personnel.
- Perform actual module implementations and user acceptance testing.
- Work with clients to develop specifications for, and test modifications to, PolySystems software.
- Write and review project documentation.
Client Management (5%)
- Lead regular discussions at the strategic level with client VPs and higher in order to build the client relationship.
- Develop client solutions using existing PolySystems software functionality and articulate additional software development needs as appropriate.
- Develop project proposals.
- Tailor messaging appropriately depending on whether it is for clients or senior management.
Software Development (20%)
- Help design specifications for and test new modeling functionality within PolySystems proprietary software.
Industry and Marketing (10%)
- Be an active member of the SOA Modeling section.
- Present on modeling, actuarial transformation, and related topics at SOA meetings.
- Work with existing clients to extend their use of PolySystems software.
- Present to prospective clients, help complete RFPs, and participate in pilot projects.
- Develop best-practice, point of view, and white papers for PolySystems clients.
Travel Expectations (5-10%)
- Experience-based knowledge of multiple product lines such as traditional life, health, long term care, universal life, indexed universal life, payout annuities, fixed deferred annuities, fixed indexed annuities, variable annuities, and assets.
- Experience-based knowledge of multiple actuarial-related purposes such as pricing, modeling, ALM, risk, valuation, and experience studies.
- 10+ years of actuarial experience and an FSA.
- Consulting experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and work with the details of a complex issue, filter them, and translate the core issue(s) into a coherent message for senior management.
- Experienced-based knowledge of PolySystems software is a plus but not required.
- Strong preference for experience-based knowledge with at least one standard actuarial software system.
- Strong interest in working with multiple lines of business and actuarial purposes on a regular basis.
- Strong sense of ownership over individual work products and career.
PolySystems offers a medical/dental insurance plan (including an HSA with employer contributions), a Flexible Spending Account, a 401k with employer match, Long Term Disability, a generous personal day policy, and work/life balance.